Sunday, November 2, 2008

Everest

This was my first slam piece

"Everest" - Hypothetic **(You can find the audio for this poem at www.myspace.com/hypotheticpoetry

My body becomes more infectious as these years progress
Continually I reap what’s sowed but never dare digress
I have a mission in this life I cant carry to the next

I am heaven sent from Incubus
to thrust my evil hips
into anything that walks this earth
And by anything
I mean only the most vulnerable of weathered dream chasers
will catch my eye
I have exquisite taste for the down trodden

Do not judge me, my day is coming
I know what is in store for me
I have read from the scriptures and the Inferno
I have seen what lies ahead of me and this is how much I care
I am a poison here only to tempt you
So feel my putrid sting upon your lips
Taste what I have in store for you
and enjoy,
There is no warmth to be found here
I am as cold as the mountains peak
Beautiful from below
But why do you think the air is thinner at the top
You do not belong here

I will bait you with your own gaze
The wonder of what it would be like to scale these cold and jagged ridges
I am Everest, and I dare you to conquer me
You will lose more than you gain, but again the air is thin for a reason
And my faces are not littered with the memories of the corpses of those before you simply for flair

I am the moisture in your boots
the holes in your gloves
And I will expose your weakness
Making my mark known and felt I will ever so carefully break into your chest
and paint a deeper shade of red upon your heart
and you, you will feel things for me you have only read about and dreamt about and wondered how your heart could have ever kept a rhythmic beat without
Do you remember the garden you planted on the terrace
I am the frost that withered the petals
You hoped for something wonderful
But there is no beauty in the summit
As the cold will numb your judgment
I will stand atop this range recollecting on your adventures and assigning you a number
Laughing while your dying and beyond any reasonable shadow of a doubt
I Feel Nothing
I am Everest
And I dare you to conquer me

No comments: