Thursday, December 4, 2008

Ambiance

Here is a new piece. This will most likely end up a collaborative piece with my friend daydream.


Ambiance - hypothetic

my next tattoo will be a light switch
so when I want
I can turn me off
and maybe i’ll even spring for one of those dimmer switches so i can at least
turn me down
like volume
the incessant noise of the
ting tinging of imaginary rain on the tin roof of my skull has left me
vulnerable to
the decibel level of my ambient thoughts and now I am
tossing and turning within the
whirlwind of bed sheets left too cold from lack of coalitioned body heat
and now I
have become an insomniac
No, an outsomniac
because I can see me sleeping
as peacefully as child soldiers in double meter deep foxholes
but this pitter patter of
make believe precipitation keeps me wide awake like its morning
only its 11:13
and its much too late for wishing
so I reach beneath my arm and bring the level down
the room is too bright for me to see
you
not next to me