Monday, December 15, 2008

Prohibition

Prohibition - hypothetic/daydream

sinking
underwater you’ve dropped anchor
sea conch shells and jellyfish catch your balance
your scraping bottom
bottom feeding

lurking goons
this seabed is not meant for easy breathers
algaefied creeper can only speak in these quarters
so be wise
my lungs are your oxygen tank
breathe at your own discretion
I am not responsible

dream catchers are for nightmares
but you are chasing happy
Hansel and Gretyl have left you trails
disregard
your path is mapped by will

And each step might twist an ankle
or singe a soul
Judgement day has come
The sky cracked open
You know who has come a knocking
But you never get the chance to notice
Synesthesia essence cast over your mouth and nose
you can taste what you see
But what good is that when you are blind to the world

Pirate eye patches cast shadows on bulging sockets
A fashion statement to remain observed
Retinas fixed dilated
open hallways and open wounds to the elements
Bubble wrap casts will protect your journey
But who protects the soul

Purer than a snow white complexion
a ghost mangled in stardust
make a wish and just like that i’ll disappear
hell fire could never burn like the stinging sensation between my toes
must be all the words i deconstructed
left on the floor
so sharp they cut like knives

But you find solace in the silence
Deaf mute is more relaxing
And its a little calmer now
The waves don’t seem so high
And the gulls have come to rest
peaceful breast on peaceful tide

And the sun has begun to set on our lives
but daybreak is only one two three teardrops away
melted wax like impressions
my sight fixated on the hand-stamp I left
my prints are labyrinths
easily i get lost in the spaces I'm between
But somethings missing

i can see it on the sunset
telescopic eyes meet monocular opinions
and thievery is just my way of coping
i’d rather steal your smile than dive down deep for mine

my fingers are polyphonic
and you say that i should learn to socialize
but where would i put these weights if i was
burdened with conversation

I’d put it in my pocket
happiness would be only a handful
my lips glazed with nostalgic memories only we create
Sure there were too many names and too little spaces
So just tattoo your initials in the crevice of my mouth
where your name will always be
in the wake of my smile

No comments: